Emergency Management Group – Washington Amateur Radio Club (WA7EMG) holds a resource and training meeting monthly on the fourth Thursday of the month at 1930 Pacific Time.
These meetings are held via online video conference and available to anyone interested in Amateur Radio Public Service – Please email ARC-Admin@wa7emg.org for further information and access.
The purpose of Emergency Management Group – Washington Amateur Radio Club (WA7EMG) is to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote radio knowledge, fraternalism and individual operating efficiency, and to so conduct club programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community.
WA7EMG is affiliated with both, American Radio Relay League (ARRL) and Emergency Management Group – Washington, a non-profit corporation. WA7EMG Amateur Radio Club supports the purposes of Emergency Management Group – Washington.
Governance of WA7EMG ARC is an independent Board of Directors elected from the membership of the Club. The Emergency Management Group – Washington, a registered and approved 501c3 Non-Profit Organization domiciled in Washington state, maintains operational and business oversight of WA7EMG ARC, and provides for all financial support.
Emergency Management Group – Washington [EMGWA] provides comprehensive emergency management planning and operational services for special events, festivals, and community events. Organizers and producers rely on our full-range of emergency management services, including:
- Staff with emergency management experience
- Emergency management training for event staff and volunteers
- Emergency management pre-event planning
- Coordination with public agencies using NIMS and ICS principles
- Festival and special event training for emergency management professionals
- Emergency management and communications equipment
- Reduced liability exposure
- Compliance with governmental agency mandated requirements and planning
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) provisioning and activation
- Emergency Response and Medical Teams
- Liaison with government and emergency service agencies
- Assistance to local and disaster emergency response organizations
Volunteers and professionals get hands-on training and opportunities to hone emergency management and response skills.
All officers and members of EMGWA and WA7EMG ARC are non-paid volunteers. EMGWA is financially supported by gifts and grants from the community and the events we serve.
For additional information regarding Emergency Management Group – Washington please visit our web site at www.emgwa.org